The Friday before St Patty's, we decided to go downtown to see the green canal and watch the St Patrick's Day parade. The minivan gives us the option to carpool, so Patty and Tripp rode along with us! We had intentions of meeting up with several other friends (Millers and Isens) but that didn't turn out...

Please note, these pictures are not edited. The canal actually WAS that green. In the 5 years I worked downtown (and the year I lived downtown) I don't think I ever walked over to see the green canal!
Best group shot we could manage...Sam looks less than thrilled and Charlie is being a leprechaun I guess...
Sam on the sidewalk at the parade--such a big boy! Wanted to be in my arms most of the time though; wasn't sure what to think about all the noises and people...
Please note the over-the-top guy standing in front of Charlie. Not only did he ask multiple times for Charlie's flower (to give away to cute girls in the parade, weird), but he asked Patty (9 months pregnant) to take a picture for him with a politician, who said to him "congrats, you've got one on the way!" to which he had to reply, "umm, not mine"
Another (2) attempts at a family pic
The kids ended up having a blast, despite it being just a bunch of school bands and Catholic kids, ha. A success, and already added to the calendar for next year!











No comments:
Post a Comment